Libby Hathorn’s bestselling classic Thunderwith.
Lara hardly remembers her father until the death of her mother. When she has to go and live with him and his new wife, the enigmatic Gladwyn and their four children, Pearl, Garnet Opal and Jasper, she feels an intruder and fears she will never find love.
Then she meets Thunderwith the mysterious dog who comes and goes and somehow seems to give her the strength to go on. But the bully Gowd Gadrey does his best to spoil this, bringing Lara into the family in a way she never expected.
Awards & Commendations
- Honour Award, Children’s Book Council Awards for older readers, Australia, 1990
- Named an American Library Association Best Book for Young Adults, United States, 1991
- CPNS Award, (Collective Promotion of Dutch Literature) Netherlands 1992
- Hall of Fame, Koala Awards, 2001
- Runner up in Family Therapy Award, Australia, 1990